Weather you have a Tennessee Walking Horse, Rocky Mountain, Missouri Fox Trotter, Paso Fino, or any other gaited breed, the advice you'll get from Larry Whitesell in this video should change your mind on how you should be training your gaited horse.
What you'll Learn In This Video
There is common misconception in the Gaited Horse World...
- You must ride in a compressed, inverted posture.
- That you need to buy special bits, get breed-specific training, or let their feet grow a certain way.
- Impulsion and gait only come from speed
- Proper foundation is the best training to get any horse to gait the way it was bred to go!
- Gaited Horses do not need to be trained differently from trotting horses.
- You cannot MAKE the horse gait.